The Wellington Bitcoin Guide – How to Buy Bitcoin in Wellington
The Wellington Bitcoin Exchange Guide
Are you looking to buy or trade Bitcoin or other digital assets in Wellington? If so, information online can seem confusing. Up until recently, Cryptopia topped Wellington Bitcoin exchange guide recommendations. However, Cryptopia no longer exists. Here, we’ve, therefore, compiled an up to date list of all your remaining NZ Bitcoin exchange options.
Scroll down the to bottom to see your best route for buying Bitcoin in Wellington, New Zealand.
The Definitive Bitcoin Wellington Buying Guide
If you are a Kiwi based in Wellington, you have three main Bitcoin buying options. You can buy Bitcoin peer to peer, or via international exchanges like Coinbase. Alternatively, you can buy and exchange Bitcoin to NZD using homegrown Bitcoin exchanges like Easy Crypto.
Buy Bitcoin with Cash via Local Bitcoins
Sadly, using peer to peer exchanges to buy Bitcoin in Wellington is not without risk.
- Bitcoin prices are 10% to 20% higher on Local Bitcoins than on other exchanges.
- Meeting individuals online to conduct high-value cash transactions is very high-risk.
- Scams on peer to peer Bitcoin exchange platforms are commonplace.
High-risks and unnecessary expenses mean that peer to peer exchanges are best avoided. Kiwis with a valid NZ bank account, are always far better served by more conventional exchanges.
Buy and Trade Bitcoin on International Bitcoin Exchanges
Searching online for Wellington Bitcoin exchanges will often result in Kiwis seeing ads for international exchanges like Coinbase. Because of this, Coinbase is the most commonly used exchange by Kiwis. However, international Bitcoin exchange platforms often see Kiwis pay 5% to 10% for Bitcoin, than they would on local exchanges.
- NZD to USD exchange rates apply to all international Bitcoin exchange deposits and withdrawals.
- Payment problems and sudden account freezes on platforms like Coinbase are commonplace.
- Verifying an account on international exchanges like Coinbase can take between a few hours to a few days.
It is also the case that centralized overseas Bitcoin exchange platforms are inherently insecure. Hacks and thefts from exchange wallets are increasingly commonplace. As are sudden exchange closures.
How to buy Bitcoin in Wellington
The best option for most Kiwis looking to buy Bitcoin is to use local, homegrown bitcoin exchange platforms. The fastest and most reputable for most people to consider using is Easy Crypto.
Easy Crypto is your best route to buy Bitcoin in wellington for several reasons:
- Easy Crypto has the best broker Bitcoin prices in New Zealand
- We are the only broker in NZ to have a 100% funds safety guarantee
- Our Signup and verification system is fully automatic, so you can have your Bitcoin delivered to you in less than 2 minutes after sign up.
Based in New Zealand and fully regulated, Easy Crypto allows Kiwis to buy Bitcoin at current market prices. When buying Bitcoin, no international exchange rates apply to transactions. More importantly, Easy Crypto allows users to exchange Bitcoin to NZD amounts. This means users can cash out of the market at any time.
Easy Crypto never applies hidden fees to transactions. Most new accounts can also be verified in as little as 2-minutes. Place your first Bitcoin buy or sell order, by clicking here.